- Written by Jay Buchanan
- Hits: 2423
WHALES BREW CLUB
December 2014 Meeting Newsletter #194
The December 2014 WHALES meeting was held on December 16th at JJ Bitting in Woodbridge, NJ.
35 members and 1 guest were in attendance.
President Brad opened the meeting promptly @ 8:09pm. The only business item on the agenda is elections for the the Whales 2015 Steering Committee & continuation of collecting 2015 dues.
No elections were necessary since no poitions were contested. The 2015 Steering Committee will be:
- Craig - president
- Keith St - treasurer
- Jay B - secretary
- Brian S - committeeman
- Don B - committeeman
- Gary W - committeeman
- Sam - committeeman
Outgoing committee members Brad, Bobby, & Jay D -- Thanks for your all service to the club.
- Dennis M, who had recently graduated from brewing program, took a job as a brewer at Carton Brewing in Atlantic Highlands, NJ and will begin there in Jan, 2015. Congrats, Dennis!
- Steve & Don B took FIRST PLACE in the Eastern PA Homebrewer of the Year for 2014. Amazing work, dudes.
- The annual holiday party will be held on Sat, Jan 17, 2015 @ the Rahway Italian American Club. see forum for info.
- There is a poll up on the website for members to vote on 3 "club only" comps in 2015 -- please vote before it expires (12/23).
- Also, there's a poll on the site requesting approval to spend $265 for club branded plastic mugs as 2015 renewal gifts. Please vote ASAP, as the poll ends at midnight tonight.
Update on Projects
No change on the current club projects as of Dec, 2014
The 2015 WHALES CoCs (held quartarly) will kick off at the January 2015 meeting with the category "Bring your Best Beer!". NOTE: 1 entry per member or team. As stated above, the remaining 3 categories will be determined by the current member poll.
Comp Coordinator Don B presented the final standings for the 2014 WHALES HBOY:
- Don B & Steve - 119 points!
- Dennis - 33 points
- Craig - 24 points
Also, it was announced that Steve & Don B won the Eastern PA Homebrewer of the Year award. Congrats!
A ridiculous 17 libations were poured for the flight tonight, including 4 beers fermented from the Kane Brewery AHA Rally giveaway.
Thanks for all the good times in 2014, WHALES.
Respectfully submitted by Jay B, WHALES Secretary